Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentine Pinks

















Cottage Magpie has a Valentine invitation on her blog for readers to post some "pinks" from their homes. The top photo shows a cute new little pillow I found for five dollars followed by a photo of one of a pair of chairs in our great room. The next photo displays a doll dish plate belonging to my mother's set (circa 1933), a reproduction sampler I cross-stitched, a small rose creamer, and a teapot from Portugal I found at a garage sale for two dollars. In the bottom photo is a quilt I hand appliqued and quilted over 20 years ago.

7 comments:

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

I am a new blogger to and thought I would leave a post...I remember wondering if there was anyone out there in "blog world" when I first started my blog! LOL!! Love all of the pink! I also posted on Cottage Magpie's pink challenge. It is interesting to see what others posted for the challenge.

Carrie said...

Weelcome to blogging! Thanks for sharing your lovely pink items.
I also posted for Angela's Pink Valentine giveaway.
Carrie @ Oakrisecottage.blogspot.com

Marcia said...

You're off to a good start. Welcome to blogland. Your pictures are lovely.

Kathy b said...

I was immediately attracted to your blog when I noticed the Carl Larsson features. I have a print of his in my dining room.

Your quilt is wonderful and full of pink! What a treasure.
I enjoyed my visit.

Kathy b

Rhondi said...

Hi
Welcome to the world of blogging. You are in for a lovely experience! I like all the same things you do and Carl Larsson is one of my favorite artists. I love all your pink things, especially the quilt as I am a quilter!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Welcome to blogworld!!

Janet said...

Welcome to Blogland. Stop by and visit sometime :)

Janet